Although the medical marijuana certification process is quick, many patients are eager to begin their treatment. Medical marijuana is an important aspect for some people to stay healthy as the normal Western medicines can’t help with it. It’s understandable—when you’re in pain, you want to feel better as soon as possible.
Can you go to a dispensary without a card? Unless you have a state-issued medical marijuana card, you won’t be able to visit a clinic. Continue reading to discover about dispensary legislation, the application procedure, and what to expect when visiting a dispensary.
Why Do You Need A Medical Card ToEnter A Dispensary?
In 2016, Governor Tom Wolfe signed SB3 into law. The state law allows for the sale of “compassionate medical cannabis” under specific conditions. This is not to be confused with states that permit the use of marijuana for both medical and recreational purposes. You must have one of the 23 state-approved medical conditions to acquire medical marijuana. (Since the bill was approved, several criteria have been added, and more may be added in the future.)
The state can keep track of how much marijuana is sold and to whom by registering for a card. This ensures that shops don’t break state laws, as well as preventing patients from abusing the medicinal marijuana system.
- The state not only requires individuals to register for a medical card but also closely monitors each step of the procedure.
- Patients must only visit approved, regulated providers like Cannabis Care Consultants as part of the certification process.
- Permission is required for dispensaries, and only 50 will be provided across the state. However, each dispensary can have up to three sites.
- Exclusively a few types of cannabis products are available; for example, dried flower is only marketed for vaporisation, not smoking.
- Farmers must also obtain permits and follow the state’s growing and production guidelines.
These laws, according to the Pennsylvania State Department of Health, are intended to provide safe, clean access to medical marijuana, which is managed by experienced specialists and distributed on time. Although having to wait for your card in the mail can be inconvenient, the certification procedure is generally quick.
How To Register For A Medical Card
It’s simple to get your medical marijuana card when you work with a medical group like Cannabis Care Consultants. Simply sign up for the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program online and make an appointment with Cannabis Care Specialists, one of the state’s licenced health personnel, for an examination.
To make the registration process easier, we employ online scheduling and telemedicine appointments. We’ll fill out your certification during the visit if you’re authorised for medicinal marijuana, so you don’t have to wait. After that, you’ll pay the $50 state medical card cost and wait for your card to arrive in the mail.
Things To Know Before Your First Dispensary Visit
It’s vital to know what to anticipate if you’ve never visited a dispensary in Pennsylvania before. Dispensaries, unlike normal retail establishments, are heavily regulated. Before you go out and acquire your first batch, here’s what you should know.
- Please bring your medical card with you. As you may know, a valid medical card or caregiver card is required to access a dispensary. You’ll also need your Pennsylvania state-issued identity card or driver’s licence on your first visit. Children under the age of 18 are the only persons who can enter a dispensary without a medical or caregiver card provided they are escorted by an adult who has a valid medical card.
- Please do not forget that you need to have the original card as dispensaries do not accept photocopies, screenshots or other replicas.
- Only cash is accepted. Who carries cash these days? Before going to a dispensary, you’ll need to stop by an ATM. Several clinics only accept cash, however some charge a modest ATM fee if you use a debit card. If you don’t phone ahead to confirm, you risk wasting a trip.
- One by one, one by one, one by one, one by one, one by one Some patients are startled to find that dispensaries can only service one consumer at a time, which means you’ll have to wait. Take some time of your own and maybe run some errands if in case the dispensary is too crowded that day.
- Make an appointment with a doctor. Finally, especially if it’s your first time, we recommend having a pharmacist consultation at the dispensary. Your pharmacist will be able to select items that will assist you in meeting your medical objectives and will teach you how to utilise them.
We hope, you have got the answer for whether you can visit dispensary without a card or not. Keeping these pointers in mind will ensure that your first dispensary visit is a success. Make an appointment with Cannabis Care Consultants now if you’re looking for a licenced telemedicine medical marijuana provider.