Vaping cannabis is rapidly gaining popularity in the world of cannabis as the healthier and easy to use alternative to smoking. Vaping devices offer a wide range of benefits in a single package. If you are a beginner in the world of vape devices and would like to know how they work, you are in the right place. We’ll look at all the basics of a vape cartridge and how it works.
What is a vape cartridge?
A cannabis vape cartridge is a small device that comes prefilled with cannabis oil or concentrates for vaporization. When you heat the oil by pressing the power button, it releases the oil’s active ingredients in a fine mist or vapor for inhaling. Many vaping cartridges utilize a simple cylindrical design containing the following parts.
- The chamber contains the cannabis oil usually prefilled to a specific quantity.
- The atomizer is the source of heat for the vape cartridge. It is usually attached to a battery and produces heat when activated to vaporize the cannabis oil for inhalation.
- The mouthpiece is a channel at the top of the cartridge where you place your lips to inhale the vapor.
- Some vape cartridges come with a disposable battery, while you have to pair others with a rechargeable battery.
How to use a vape cartridge
Vape cartridges are famous for their simplicity, but you need to know how to use them to get the most out of the concentrate. Many cartridges from various companies work similarly, but some have slight variations in operation mechanisms. So, it is crucial to follow the instructions included in the packaging or provided by the seller.
When you buy a stand-alone cartridge, you need a standard 510-threaded rechargeable battery that you connect to the product. Ask the seller about the appropriate battery on hand. Other cartridges come with a disposable battery already attached.
When you are ready to use your vaping cartridge, here are simple steps you can follow:
- First, charge your cartridge battery. You have to ensure it is adequately charged before you start using it. Always wait until the indicator light shows it is full before unplugging.
- Then attach the cartridge- remove any outer packaging and screw the cartridge into the battery unit. Ensure it is snuggly and well connected before use.
- The third step is to activate the battery by turning on the power button. However, some cartridges are automatic and vaporize the oil when you inhale. The batteries usually have a light that indicates the device s turned on.
- Press and inhale- you should hold down the button on the cartridge battery when inhaling softly at the mouthpiece. When you inhale an automatic vaping cartridge, the battery lights up, and you begin to feel the vapor entering through to your lungs. When exhaling, you should see some vapor that lets you know that the unit is working.
- Set your dosage depending on your tolerance levels, the potency of the product, and the severity of your symptoms. A quality cartridge has at least three dosage levels: low, medium, and high. One or two inhalations may be enough at a particular time.
Ideally, you should limit your consumption as you gauge the product’s effect before consuming more.