People use cannabis for medical or recreational reasons, but some users do not find the idea of smoking appealing. They find other ways to consume cannabis through edibles, pills, tinctures, and topicals. Many prefer edibles for tasty pleasure, and it’s the most discreet way to consume cannabis.
What Are Cannabis Edibles?
Cannabis edibles are food products infused with cannabis, such as chocolates, gummy chews, brownies, candies, chips, and more. It gives users the same effects, including euphoria, relaxation, increased appetite, and haziness. Cannabis edibles take longer for the body to process, and effects may take around 30 minutes to an hour to kick in. However, the effects are also said to last longer compared to smoking.
Are Cannabis Edibles Legal?
The legality of cannabis, in general, is still a very hazy subject as there are different laws on its legality depending on the state. For instance, in Colorado, hundreds of medical and recreational dispensaries are regulated by their local authorities. Meanwhile, states like Indiana, Georgia, and Alabama still have strong regulations against cannabis use.
Hottest Edible Brands To Try
Edibles are welcome alternatives for cannabis users who are not fans of smoking, vapes, and vaporizers. Here are some of the hottest edible cannabis brands to try out.
- Kushy Punch – This is a brand that carries potent and yummy gummies in different flavors. They also have Kushy CBD products for their tinctures, capsules, and body balms.
- Care By Design – This brand carries gummies, soft gels, and drops. Their products are designed and intended for those who are seeking personal wellness products for relaxation and focus.
- Area 52 – This brand sells edibles such as tinctures and gummies. They believe that cannabis products, when used properly, can be used for creativity and critical thinking.
- Kiva Confections – All the yummy cravings you like are now cannabis-infused! This brand carries chocolate bars, mint, gummies, and choco bites.
- WYLD – This brand carries gummies and chocolates infused with cannabis. They use ingredients and flavors that embody the Pacific Northwest culture and help create a fun and adventurous outdoor lifestyle.
- Everest – This brand carries gummies, chocolates, candies, and gourmet baked goods. Their commitment is to make their edibles the tastiest and most aromatic products on the market.
It is crucial to be aware that fake or counterfeit edibles exist in the market, especially in states where cannabis is still considered illegal. Counterfeit products can make you sick, use a low-quality ingredient, manufacture in dirty environments, and even cause serious side effects. Be sure to purchase only direct from brand websites or through dispensaries.
Cannabis edibles have a lot of advantages, especially for people who use them for medical purposes. They are discreet, easier to consume, and the effects last for several hours, which is helpful for those who use them for pain relief. These products, however, should be taken with caution and self-control as it can be tempting to eat more than intended because of the flavorful taste. It is also helpful to check product reviews before purchasing.