How to Make Cannabutter or Cannabis-Infused Butter – If you have never tried cooking with your cannabis buds and want to try a recipe of cannabis edibles, cannabutter is the most common as well as the simplest way. Now, we all know that home-made edibles often fail to get accurately dosed.
This recipe will guide you through the step-by-step process to make the cannabis-infused butter at home, with an accurate dose.
- 1 cup of butter (you may also use olive oil, coconut oil, or any other fatty oil)
- 1 cup (7-10 gms) of the ground and decarboxylated cannabis
The Basic Recipe
- Decarb the buds: Do it using a non-stick pan, by placing the pan on 245 degrees Fahrenheit heat for 30-40 minutes. Stir the buds occasionally to ensure a proper decarboxylation of the buds.
- Grind them: The decarboxylated cannabis needs to be ground coarsely.
- Get the butter melted: Take 1 cup of butter and use a saucepan or stockpot to melt it, simmer it on low heat until the whole butter liquefies.
- Add the weed: As soon as the butter is melted, add the coarsely grounded weed into it.
- Stew the mixture:Now you need to let the blend stew for 2-3 hours, mixing it periodically. You have to maintain a low hit during this process.
- Strain the cannabutter: Line a funnel with cheesecloth and set it on the top of a jar and pour the butter into the jar using the funnel. The butter needs to be cooled down a little before pouring.
- Refrigerate the jar of butter: Now you can stock the butter into a refrigerator for future use.
The potency of your butter depends on two things: i) the potency of your starting material, ii) in how much heat, and for how long it was cooked. Try tasting ½ or ¼ teaspoon of your butter on a snack and increase or decrease the dose as per your desire. You can use this ‘personalized standard dose’ later on as a baseline of your recipe if you want to write a blog about it.
Leave a Reply